Recover iTunes Backup Password in keychain 2018 for All iOS Versions for All iPhone,iPad and iPod
If you happen to forget the backup password on iTunes, your Backups will become useless and you won’t be able to make new ones as iTunes will keep asking for the password. In the following article, I am showing you how to recover the password from a protected Backup using a simple tool. IOS devices can use an optional encrypted backup feature that protects all backups with a strong encryption layer and password, meaning those backups are both unusable and unreadable without that password. If you chose to encrypt the backups of an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with such a password and then somehow forgot the password to those backups, you may have an option available to recover it and then regain access to those backups for recovery and general usage.
This is not guaranteed to work for everyone because it depends on the usage of Keychain in Mac OS , which not everyone uses, but it should be the first thing to check if you wind up in such a situation either yourself or when troubleshooting someone else’s missing encrypted backup password and find iPhone backup password in keychain. In most cases, this must be done on the computer that the backups were made to unless the user had enabled iCloud Keychain, which it would then be possible on any machine using the same Apple ID. Either way, here is what needs to be done to attempt to recover a lost encrypted backup password:
How to Recover a Forgotten or Lost iPhone Backup Password
This works to recover a forgotten or lost iOS backup password made in iTunes, it’s the same whether the device backup is for an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to find iphone encrypted backup password in keychain on mac. Here are the necessary steps to find the backup password:
- Open Keychain Access, Go to Finder > Applications > Utilities > Keychain Access to open it.
- Use the Search box in the upper right corner and type “iPhone backup”
- Double click the result, assuming something is found in Keychain
- Check the box next to “Show password” and enter the Mac administrator password to reveal the lost password associated with the encrypted iPhone backup
- Make note of the password, then close out of Keychain Access
Now you can go back to iTunes and use that recovered password to use the encrypted backup through the normal restoring from a backup process
What if there is no password recovery option for the encrypted backups?
You want to recover iTunes backup password in windows pc?
- Download and Install the Tenorshare iPhone Backup Unlocker
2.Select/ Import iTunes Backup Key Container File to Decrypt
3. Choose an Backup file Accordingly which required.
4. select second option brute force with mask attack customize numbers, symbols and click setting.
5. Check mark the uppercase letter and then select ok.
6. After that click blue Start to Recover backup password.
7. After that the iTunes backup password will recover and then copy that password.
Now You required to unlock the backup password.
- Again start from the step 1 (import backup file).
2. Choose an Backup file Accordingly for which you recovered the backup password to unlock backup password.
3. Then Decrypt backup file page will appears.
4. Then you required to give the password which you recovered previously and click decrypt
5. At last you will find that there is no password on the backup.